Freitag, 14. August 2015

Done

That was harder than expected. Especially the second day. While the first 20 km from Larochette over Beaufort to Mëllerdall were quite flat, the stretch over Berdorf to Echternach seemed to be determined to break my enthousiasm. After the first few hikes I was surprised that my different body parts were ok with my sudden decision to take up hiking. But on monday ... oh boy. They made me suffer. Them, the zillions ups and downs along the trail and the 30 lbs backpack, who sat on my back like a small devil dissing my efforts while whispering demotivatingly in my ear.

But I made it nonetheless. When I came out on top of Wolfs Canyon, high above the city of Echternach, I felt like the settlers catching their first glimpse of the Pacific. Behind me the most beautiful trail of the country. Unfortunateley the last couple of miles were more like a blur since I mainly concentrated on setting one foot before the other. A task quite complicated I might add, after 30 miles in two days and a night on the floor (Note to myself: invest in a better pad).

There was a certain spring in ny step when I entered the gas station next to the bus stop I was heading for. Overflowing with self confidence, I told the attendant what I've just accomplished. "And now you're ruining it all by eating all the chocolate", she replied with a smirk, glancing at the "food" laid out in front of her.

I wanted to tell her about the need for our high calorie intake but I knew she wouldnt get it. We hikers are a republic for ourselves ...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen