Montag, 7. September 2015

A for Drugs

It works. I sleep like the literal baby (for comments on my false use of the word "literally" see the comment box below), I feel balanced and I'm in a suspiciously good mood pretty much all the time.

I give you a second to let it sink in. Right? For those of you who know me this might come as a shock: but I even went to the fair without coercion or bribery of any sort. Ok, gotta admit, that I uttered a few "I hate the fair"'s while there but after the third one, Nadine gave me the evil eye. So I stopped. She spent time and efforts to organize the evening, so who am I to piss on her parade .... New me started having a few beers and ended up having a good time ... at the fair!

I sing at work, I play pranks and joke around. To a degree that some co-workers went to see my boss about my "new drug problem". No drugs, folks. I just started to like me again. It's been a process ever since I realized that I was tired of being tired of myself. I don't know how else to put it. And I don't want to go into details about that. Maybe in a later post. For years I nurtured a growing dissatisfaction, with no idea however  (or better: inner strength) to break out of the cycle. 

The whole process of hiking gave me a new perspective. In so many different ways, actually. I feel good about myself, because I exercice to a certain degree. Spending time outside in the woods, breathing fresh air, soaking in the views, feeling the sun on your skin, it all builds up. When I´m not outside or at work, I am looking for new hiking trails in and around Luxembourg, I´m scouting new locations and reading up on gear. Some might call it a hobby. To me, it´s an adventure. And it has only begun. So ... lots to come, and sooner than you think. Yay. 


PS: I´ve been surprised to see that there actually are a few people ending up on my blog from time to time. Please drop a comment to let me know what you think. It´ll be greatly appreciated. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen