Donnerstag, 17. September 2015

Soon

Two more weeks and I'm off. A few more stressful days and I will be enjoying the Highlands. Haven't been this excited for a long time. Not only have I been working straight for the past 4 months but I am really looking forward to the hiking part.

I've been training on a regular basis but weather over here begins to get foul. But I've been going out nonetheless. After all, I need to step up my game if I want to hike the JMT next year.

There have been some developments since last time I wrote. I've been welcomed by a wonderful community based on the app Yonder: the "Yonder Buds". The group members organize get-togethers for various parts in the US and there is a Yonder-meet on the AT in April 2016. A few guys who want to hike the Appalachian Trail in the Smokeys for a week or so. So I decided to join them instead of hiking a whole month on my own. I might continue for a few days after that but the idea basically was to save up vacation days for something more fantastic later that year: the John Muir Trail. It is heart stoppingly beautiful!

This way, I still get my AT experience, in the Smokeys, with a group of like minded people but I won't have to use up all of my vacation days. And later that year, I'll be heading to Yosemite to start the JMT. I even ound a few Yonder Buds who'd be interested in joining me. Pretty exciting. Because the JMT is a big one, with 10 passes and a final ascent to Mt. Whitney. There are a few supply points but you'll be on your own for the last 7 to 9 days. I'd better start training right away

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen